Integrative women's health
Because of the close mind-body connection for many issues in women's health, a natural approach is ideal and provides many additional benefits beyond addressing your current primary concern.
Our Ups and Downs…
Sometimes as a woman you feel like you are on a roller coaster. All kinds of things happen to your body, your emotions, your energy. And we all know how confusing — and frustrating — that can be.
Handling the constant changes
You've just gotten used to one phase, and you know how to deal with it, then the next phase starts: puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, menopause. Added to that are the effects of medications we use, such as the pill or an IUD. (which can be, of course, necessary to take)
In my experience, understanding your body is a great first step. As a woman you have the potential to be very much in tune with your body: how your environment, lifestyle, toxic exposures, sleep and stress levels can affect your hormones, which in turn affect your mood, your energy, and your physical symptoms. So you are likely to notice the benefits of a mind-body medicine like homeopathy plus the support of nutritional supplements.
I will listen…
I will listen to your concerns:
- Would you like to understand how your cycle works and how to support your body in the different phases?
- Do you have painful periods? Do you get hormonal symptoms like migraines, acne, tender breasts?
- Do you want to prepare for a healthy pregnancy?
- Are you wondering why you keep getting bladder infections?
- Did you get your umpteenth course of Canesten at the drugstore?
- Is the result of your Pap test 'HPV positive', and you have to wait for six months, but you want to do something about it in the meantime?
- Are you looking for solutions for fluctuating and unpredictable energy levels?
- Are you always hungry, or get faint or irritable if you don't eat every few hours?
- Have you been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) or endometriosis?
- Are you in your late 40s and want to do everything you can to sail through menopause as smoothly as possible?
- Do you have a cupboard full of supplements and a head full of good intentions but don't know where to start?
- Do you want to go vegan and wonder if you should take extra supplements?
Then we will find solutions…
I am happy to help you with all these questions, through:
- validating your experience (it's not "all in your head")
- explanations and information
- nutritional advice
- a homeopathic remedy, if you like
I know the common treatments of these complaints, and will first find out what has and has not helped in that area. If further research is needed, or if a conventional treatment is the first option, I will advise you to discuss this with your regular doctor.
Here you can find answers to some common questions and concerns. If you did not find yours, don't hesitate to ask using my contact page.